Friday, June 12, 2009

Random Topics!

Okay, so I lied about not seeing Drag Me To Hell again. lol. I saw it yesterday again and I wasn't as scared as I was before. I still don't like demons, but I was able to sit through the movie. Well actually I still had to cover my eyes for certain scenes.

Moving on.....

One of my sorority sisters had been telling me about this book called Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities by Alexandra Robbins. I became interested in this book, because I love hearing about other sororities and fraternities. I always want to know what happens at other schools and how different some chapters are. This author is very brave for writing a book like this, because so many Greeks are not excited about this book. I don't quite know how I feel now about a GDI (non Greek) writing a book about something that they have never experienced before. A lot of people don't want to read this book, because of her inexperience with this college aspect. I don't want to automatically judge her. I just want to read what she has to say. So far I'm on page 80. Already, she's covered a lot of the stereotypes in a sorority like all of the girls are rich and anorexic. She has even talked about the serious talk of rape within the Greek community. As a member of a sorority, I personally have never experienced what Robbins is describing, but I look forward to learning more about other chapters and sororities.

No comments:

Post a Comment