Saturday, May 30, 2009

Good Music May 30th!!!

Okay, so I have been l have been listening to a ton of different songs lately. I am just getting out of my Drake phase. I still love him, but for two weeks, I have only listened to Drake or Lil Wayne. I think I might have gotten on the obsessed side too, but I'm not crazy person lol. He is pretty sexy though..ahh! :)

---Chrisette Michele: Epiphany.
It took a good few weeks for this song to rub off on me, but now, it is one of my current favorite songs. It also doesn't hurt that Drake is in her music video too. Mmmhmm.

---Ciara: Work
This song is amazing! I don't quite like all the words, but it makes me want to dance. This is probably the best song on her new cd Fantasy Ride. I said on my last post that Love, Sex, and Magic was pretty cool, but now I have changed my mind lol. I remember listening to Work during Infinity Modeling Troupe (UNCC) practice, because we used it in one of our shows. I always thought this song was banging. The only thing that bugs me, is that Cici is starting to be extra provocative. Is this necessary to sale records nowadays? She used to be more clean cut and a role model for younger girls, but now, I have no idea what is going on with her.

Okay, today I feel like talking about some throwback songs that are my favorites right now. If you haven't heard of these songs, then you should check them out, because I only like good music.

---Amel Larriuex: Weather
This song is so calming to me. I just like to kick back and listen to this song. It's off of her first cd called Infinite Possibilities. This woman has the most amazing voice ever! She beats the pants off of Mariah Carey, seriously. You might also know this woman from the group Groove Theory, you know, the group that sang Tell Me. :)

---SWV: You're the One
SWV was one of the best girl groups ever! This song came out in 1996 and is still fun to listen to now.

---Amy Winehouse: In My Bed
This song comes off of Amy's first cd titled Frank. I love this cd, period, but this song stands out to me. I love it because it has the same beat as one of rapper Nas's songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment